Getting married is so exciting but it can also be really overwhelming. There are so many ways you can go
with your style, décor and colors. Check out our tips below for how to create your own inspiration board
to help figure out your wedding style!
1. Talk to your partner about what you want your wedding to feel like. What words come to mind
if you were to describe your dream wedding? Spend some time writing these down to start to
create your vision. (Based on the photos below you may write down "Bright, orange, whimsical wedding")
2. Create a Pinterest. This is the easiest way to keep all of your ideas and inspiration in one place.
You can create boards (which are like folders) for each aspect of your wedding like flowers,
wedding dress, cake and even gift ideas for your wedding party.
3. Remember those words you wrote down to describe your dream wedding? Use those words to
type in the Pinterest search box to help you look for ideas that fit in with the feel you want for
your wedding. Using the example from above, you'd type in "bright, orange, whimsical wedding" and Pinterest would give you immediate inspo.
4. Add photos you find outside of Pinterest to your Pinterest Boards! If you’ve already chosen your
venue, you can look on their website for ideas from past weddings. Or maybe you’re scrolling
Instagram and see something you love. Just screenshot and save any photos you want to save
and upload them to the correct boards on your Pinterest.
5. Pinterest is such a useful tool not only for you but also for your vendors. You can use your
Pinterest boards to communicate exactly what you’re looking for to your vendors. You can send
your Pinterest to your photographer to show them photo ideas you love, or to your florist to see
if they can make your floral dreams come true.
Get to pinning and good luck!
Photography: Feather & Twine