We created this list of Austin MUSTS by compiling suggestions from local brides, vendors, and the most premium Austinites! Feel free to cut + paste directly to your wedding website so your out of town guests can experience the best of the city!
6TH STREET ‣ East 6th: The rowdier side, younger crowd, a lot of live music, very tame during the day, but at night turns into the epicenter of bachelor/ette parties.
Pro-tip: Wanderlust Wine Co. sits on the edge of 6th (with a second location in East Austin now) - it's a wine-on-tap room where you can grab a glass and taste anything you want. AND they have the best hidden-gem Italian food truck out back (The Heel of The Boot) which is a must try with the wine.
‣ West 6th: Known for having more upscale options, young professional type crowd, has great Sunday Funday options!
‣ *NEW* East 6th: On the other side of I-35 now lives a slew of modern bars, restaurant happy hours, and breweries that have all popped up within the last few years - a great part of the street for safe walking and finding late night food trucks. Pro-tip: Whisler's has delicious cocktails, a Mezcal rooftop bar, and great outdoor tables for big groups & board games! RAINEY STREET Outdoor bars and restaurants, five minute cab ride to downtown, dining options Pro-tip: Sunday morning at Banger’s Sausage House & Beer Garden - enjoy a MANosa and get a bottle of champagne and a splash of OJ in a glass beer mug!
Originally just your typical outdoor-shopping mall, The Domain now contains an entire street of bars called Rock Rose. Kung Fu Saloon has another location here (with arcade games!), and a fan favorite is Wonder Bar - where you can "spin the wheel" for a surprise shot or even a free T-shirt!
SPEAKEASIES/"UNDERGROUND" COCKTAIL BARS
‣ Tiki Tatsu-Ya *from Ramen Tatsu-Ya!*
BBQ ‣ Franklin Barbecue; 900 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702 Pro-tip: Bring a chair, a cooler of beer, and get in line three hours before opening because they serve until they run out! ‣ la Barbecue; 2027 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702 ‣ Terry Black’s; 1003 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704 ‣ The Salt Lick; 18300 Farm to Market Rd 1826, Driftwood, TX 78619 ‣ The Switch; 166 Hargraves Dr Suite G-100, Austin, TX 78737
‣ SLAB BBQ *featured on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives!* COFFEE ‣ Epoch; Multiple locations available ‣ Halycon; Multiple locations available *roast marshmallows and make S'mores here!* ‣ Mozart’s; 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703 ‣ Summer Moon; Multiple locations *an Austin classic!*
‣ Merit Coffee; Multiple locations
‣ Codependent Cocktails & Coffee; 301 West Ave Suite 110, Austin, TX 78701
TACOS ‣ Juan in a Million; 2300 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702 Breakfast or lunch, closes at 3 ‣ Torchy’s Tacos; Multiple locations *must-try queso for your out-of-state guests!* ‣ Vera Cruz All Natural Tacos; Multiple locations
‣ Taquero Mucho *perfect for a bridal brunch - everything is pink!*
OTHER ‣ Hillside Farmacy; 1209 E 11th St, Austin, TX 78702 ‣ Hula Hut on Lake Austin; 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703 ‣ Le Vacher; 136 Drifting Wind Run, Dripping Springs, TX 78620 ‣ Magnolia Cafe; 1920 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704 *an Austin classic!* ‣ Mattie’s; 811 W Live Oak St, Austin, TX 78704 *Victorian home offering Southern food for brunch & peacocks on property* ‣ The Oasis on Lake Travis; 6550 Comanche Trail, Austin, TX 78732 ‣ Thicket Food Park; 7800 S 1st St, Austin, TX 78745 *food truck park!* ‣ Via 313; Multiple locations available *authentic Detroit-style pizza - IT'S A MUST!*
‣ Il Brutto; East 6th *Happy hour even on Saturdays - with half priced bottles of wine!*
‣ Suerte; East 6th
‣ Ramen Tatsu-Ya; Multiple locations
‣ Home Slice Pizza; Multiple locations *an Austin classic!*
‣ Aba; South Congress (Music Lane)
‣ 360/Pennybacker Bridge Park on the side of the Hwy 360, hike your way through the trail and semi-rocky terrain to get to the top of the cliff that overlooks the lake and the city Pro-tip: Buy a pizza from Home Slice and take it to the 360 bridge to eat as the sun sets over Lake Austin! ‣ Austin Bat Tours Watch them on the land or on a BYOB boat! ‣ Ladybird Lake + The Butler Hike and Bike Trail Zilker Park Boat Rentals/Rowing Dock: Rent kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards ‣ Mount Bonnell/Covert Park Ascend 106 stone stairs to get to the summit where you can see panoramic views of Austin ‣ Take a self-guided mural tour around town ‣ Texas State Capitol ‣ Wildflower Center The Botanic Garden of Texas - Become a member or visit as a non-members; reservation only right now ‣ Zilker Park & Botanical Gardens The most loved park in Austin! Play disc golf, ride the miniature Zephyr train, fly a kite, play sand volleyball, access the Greenbelt, and take a dip in Barton Springs Pool!
‣ 2nd Street District Downtown shopping & dining options ‣ Barton Creek Square South Austin ‣ South Congress Experience what it's like to have to back your car into a diagonal parking spot and walk the shops on both sides of the street and enjoy the amazing restaurants! Pro-tip: Grab some Amy’s Ice Creams, get a picture at the I love you so much sign, and enjoy the shops, find some free live music, and then grab a drink at the South Congress Hotel Lobby Bar! ‣ The Arboretum North Austin ‣ The Domain in North Austin Bars, shopping, indoor/outdoor dining, 24/7 cupcake ATM
‣ Barton Springs & Deep Eddy Pools Outdoor pool with water fed from the nearby natural springs ‣ Big Stacy Pool Small & shallow outdoor community pool with water fed from the nearby natural springs, covered by giant oak trees - great for families with kids! ‣ Blue Hole Regional Park ‣ Capital Cruises Boat tour agency - personal boat rides, take a sunset ride, sightseeing tours, or book a larger boat for your rehearsal dinner! ‣ Float On Lake Travis & Lake Austin boat rentals ‣ Hamilton Pool Preserve - temporarily closed A scenic natural swimming pool in a canyon below a 50-ft waterfall, surrounded by a grotto ‣ Jacob’s Well A perennial karstic spring in the Texas Hill Country flowing from the bed of Cypress Creek ‣ Zip line Lake Travis
NIGHT LIFE & OTHER ADVENTURES
‣ Austin Panic Room ‣ Broken Spoke *featured on Queer Eye!* Two-stepping here is a MUST! *featured on Queer Eye!* ‣ The Continental Club The grand-daddy of local and live music since 1955 ‣ Esther's Follies Catch a comedy show. ‣ Movie at Alamo Drafthouse Enjoy a cocktail or a boozy milkshake and catch a flick. Check their schedule ahead of time to find older movies replay or sing-a-longs. ‣ The Escape Game Austin Join an existing reservation or bring a crowd to work together to escape a themed room! ‣ Top Golf ‣ Unchartered Adventures Used to be 512 Rage Room, make reservations to BREAK anything safely from technology to glass! ‣ Urban Axes The new trend... axe throwing! Book in advance.
$10 admission to play all of the arcade games your inner-child heart desires, while sipping on cider
There's a concert here almost every night!
Home of the mini-Monday - bring your most fun guests here after your wedding weekend (or go with your new spouse for matching tats!) and get $35 mini tattoos!
NEARBY DAY TRIP SUGGESTIONS
‣ Driftwood/Dripping Springs The Hill Country is home to most of Austin's scenic wedding venues, but there are so many shops and restaurants you can explore! ‣ Fredericksburg Known for wineries - take a wine shuttle or bus to enjoy everything it has to offer! ‣ Gruene Just south of Austin, offering shopping, dining, and a historic dance hall ‣ Wimberley Jacob’s Well & Blue Hole are here, on top of a lot of local shops and boutiques ‣ Waco Home of Magnolia Market at the Silos